Running away Dream Explanation — (Escape; Fear; Take flight) Running away from something in a dream means turning to Allah Almighty and seeking refuge in Him for safety and protection. Running away in a dream also could mean receiving an appointment, or it could mean repentance from a sin, or it could mean one’s death. If one sees himself running away to escape from an enemy he fears in a dream, it means that he will be safe.
Running away Dream Explanation — If a man of knowledge or a scholar sees himself running away from an enemy in fear in a dream, it means that he will be asked to sit as a judge, or to govern. If one sees himself running away but has no fear in the dream, it means his death. (Also see Escape from danger; Take a flight)
Running Nose Dream Explanation — Dreaming of having a running nose indicates a short disease, which will be followed by a strong recovery and excellent health.
Horses Running through Cities Dream Explanation — If horse are seen running through cities or between houses it means floods, rains and disasters are imminent. But if such horses are seen with saddles it means the person seeing the dream will meet lots of people who will have gathered together for some happy or unhappy occasion.
Lion Dream Explanation — • Escaping from a lion without the latter running after the dreamer to catch him: Will evade an imminent danger.
• Eating lion meat or drinking lioness milk: Will get money from a ruler and triumph over one’s enemy.
• Eating lioness meat: Will wield tremendous power or become a great king.
• Cutting off a lion’s head: Will become a king or have a fantastic influence.
• Lion skin: The enemy’s money.
• Herding lions: Will befriend kings and terrible personalities.
• Mixing or having intercourse with a lion: Will be secure from the enemy’s evil and hostility will cease, to be replaced by a lasting friendship.
• Turning into a lion: Will become unjust inasmuch as the lion appeared ferocious.
Lion Dream Explanation — • Riding on a lion’s back: Will ride on a high tide, either by travelling by sea in the inappropriate season when the sea is in fury or by succeeding or outsmarting the ruler. The dreamer might also be facing a situation wherein he stands helpless, hence the wishful dream.
• Riding on a subdued or perfectly obedient lion: Will have the upper hand in a feud with a tyrant.
• Riding on a lion but being afraid of it: Harm will befall the dreamer, or he will face some hard test.
• Fighting a lion: Will fight an enemy, a ruler, the authority, or whatever the lion stands for.
• Killing a lion: The end of all sorrows.
• Being overpowered by a lion: Will have a fever because, says Ibn Siren, the lion is known to be feverish.
Lion Dream Explanation — • Seeing a lion entering a house where a person is ill: The patient will die.
• A lion intruding in one’s house: Hardship on the part of the chief. If the beast suddenly devours the dreamer, he will be the victim of an injustice, his money will be stolen, or he will be beaten or killed at the hands of the ruler, especially if he dreamed that his soul had left his body or that his head had been cut off.
• Receiving a lion and seeing it in one’s place without bothering with it: Will be scared to death by the sultan, but no real harm will occur.
• A lion entering the city: A plague, hardships, a tyrant, or an enemy.
• A lion entering the mosque and standing at the minbar or podium: A tyrant will emerge and will terrorize and harm people.
Lion Dream Explanation — Sleeping beside a lion in a dream means safety from illness, or protection from one’s enemy. If one sees a lion inside his own house in a dream, it means that he will gain the upper hand, or it could represent longevity and a high position in the world. A lion entering a town in a dream means a plague that will strike such a town. (Also see Lioness)
Lion Dream Explanation — (A tyrant; An unjust ruler; Death; Healing from a sickness; Receiving an inheritance) A lioness in a dream represents ignorance, pride, affectation and perfidy. Seeing a lion without being seen, means escape from h
arm one may fear, attaining knowledge and growing in wisdom. A struggle with a lion that does not lead to one’s death in a dream means observing a long lasting diet caused by an illness. If one fights with a lion and eats or snatches off a piece of his flesh, bones or hair in a dream, it means that he will attain success, leadership, wealth or conquer his enemy.
Lion Dream Explanation — The lion is a ruler, a tyrant, or a powerful and very dangerous person, in view of the ferocity and devastating anger of that animal. It also symbolizes the warrior, the swindler, the thief, the treacherous worker, the policeman, the insatiable enemy, and perhaps hardships and death, because he who stares at it turns pale, loses his self-control, and is as good as dead, says Ibn Siren. Furthermore, it represents the ruler who embezzles public funds and commits injustice and the lurking enemy. The lioness symbolizes the daughter of a king. The baby lion (lion’s whelp or cub) is a boy. A man told Ibn Siren, “I dreamed that I was embracing and nursing a baby lion.” When the great seer looked at him, saw his humble appearance and miserable garments, and understood that he could not be eligible for any honour, he said, “What could you possibly have to do with the children of princes?!” and he added, “Is your wife, by chance, breast-feeding the son of a prince?” “Yes,” was the reply.
A She-Lion Dream Explanation — Eating or acquiring the head of a she-lion means the acquiring of vast lands and estates.
Lion Dream Explanation — It symbolises a powerful and strong enemy. Fighting with a lion means one will soon fight an enemy that is strong and powerful.
Riding a Lion Dream Explanation — Riding a lion and directing it to go wherever one pleases means one will soon be endowed with power and one’s enemy will soon be subdued.
Facing a Lion Dream Explanation — Facing or encountering a lion without becoming embroiled in a fight means a person will soon be terrorized by an authority or a powerful man. But no harm will come to him.
The Skin of the Lion Dream Explanation — It symbolises the estates and inheritance of some brave, dignified and powerful person.
Eating Lion Meat Dream Explanation — The one who eats the meat will receive riches from some authority or a powerful person.
Run Dream Explanation — • Running: Triumph over enemies.
• Running on a horse, camel, or any such animal or on one’s feet: Request will be granted speedily; escape and salvage from a fearful matter. It could also mean trying to flee from God Almighty or the Angel of Death, in which case the dreamer is doomed to perish.
• A dead person running: (1) Danger is gone. (2) The dreamer has fallen short of achieving a certain goal and feels bitter about it.
Slave Dream Explanation — The Arabic word for slave girl is jariyah: The running one or the running thing or matter, from jary, running. It follows that her sight in the dream is a good augury inasmuch as she appears pretty, well dressed, and perfumed, heralding something good coming. But it could also mean a transient intrigue or plight.
• Owning, buying, or being offered or sleeping with a slave girl or seeing one coming to the dreamer: (1) The return of or some news or a letter from an absent person. (2) Better winds (for a sailor). (3) Business success. (4) Smooth livelihood (for someone experiencing some hardships).
• Buying a white slave girl: Trade benefits and welfare.
Tongue Dream Explanation — One’s tongue in a dream also symbolizes a milk suckling baby, a lion in his den, or an intelligent warrior. Thus, if one lets a lion out of a lair in a dream, it denotes his tongue, or hurting people’s feeling or reputation with one’s tongue. If one sees himself without a tongue in a dream, it may mean the death of an infant. If one has to appear in court and sees his tongue cut off in a dream, it means that his proof will be rejected by the judge. If only the side of one’s tongue is cut off in a dream, it means that he has doubts about the testimony of his witness. If he is a merchant, it means that he will lose an important business deal. If he is a student, it means that he will not complete his schooling. It is also said that when one’s tongue is cut off in a dream, it means that he is a forbearing person.
Take flight Dream Explanation — (Flee; Run away) If one sees himself turning and running away in the face of a battle in a dream, it means that he may contract a venereal disease, or suffer from syphilis. Taking flight in a dream also may mean reverting to what is proper. On the other hand, it may mean falling into sin to earn Allah’s wrath and the despise of the common people. If one sees himself taking refuge in a group of people, enticing them to fight in a dream, it means that he is adventuring with his head by walking the path of evil, or by backbiting others. (Also see Escape from danger; Running away; Turning)